|FOX 15 SCHNEURLE BB MOTOR
NOTE: The Fox 15BB has several special features that require handling differently from the motors to which you are accustomed. Please read these instructions before you attempt to operate the motor.
The Fox 15BB uses a short idle bar type plug only on the R/C model, and a short standard plug on the control line model.
FUEL TO USE (MUST CONTAIN 20% CASTOR OIL)
We recommend Dukes Fuel or Missile Mist fuel, which we manufacture. In the event you use another brand of fuel, be aware that a fuel with synthetic oil should have enough castor oil added to bring it up to 20% content.
We recommend the first dozen runs or so be made with care to allow the parts to properly seat in. This will eliminate later overheating problems.
NOTE: We do not recommend that you try to free up the cylinder/piston fit with additional polishing or honing. It is designed with zero clearance.
STARTING YOUR MOTOR
Mount your motor securely on a rigid mount that does not put a strain on the mounting lugs. Fuel supply should be positioned at a level no more than one-half inch above or below the fuel inlet on the carburetor. The fuel line should not be higher than the fuel level at any point.
1. Close the throttle - adjust the idle stop screw (screw on top of the carburetor) so you can see a hairline opening in the intake with the throttle closed.
2. Holding the throttle closed, screw the low speed needle (one on the exhaust side) in until it is snug, then back out one full turn.
3. Screw the high speed needle in until it is snug, then back out three and one-half turns. Do not attempt to fine tune until you have at least one and one-half hours running time.
1. Remove the rear cover screws and the rear cover.
2. Remove the head screws and lift off the head clamp.
3. Lift off the head button.
4. Cylinder liner can then be lifted out. Be gentle, as the liner can be damaged with needle nose pliers.
5. With a pair of needle nose pliers, grasp the lower end of the connecting rod on each side of the crankpin. Pull the crankshaft forward with one hand and pull the connecting rod back with the pliers. It should snap right off.
6. Crankshaft can be removed through the rear of the crankcase.
If your motor is sent to us for repair, please give us your Visa or Mastercard number and expiration date. Otherwise, the motor will be returned to you C.O.D.. Do not ask for an estimate, as the labor to take your motor apart and determine the amount of damage is the majority of time we spend on it. We can assure you that in no case will repairs exceed 50 per cent of the current list price of the motor. If no parts are needed, the minimum charge is $10.00. If repair parts are needed, you will be charged the list price of the parts, and no labor charge will be added. For further information, feel free to call Fox Manufacturing Co., phone 501-646-1656.
|PARTS LIST - FOX 15BB|
|11702||Cyl. Head Clamp||9.00|
|11646||Cyl. Head Button||6.00|
|11605||Cyl., Piston, Rod Assy.||24.00|
|11614||Screw & Gasket Set||2.00|
|11742||Ball Bearing (Either||14.00|
|CARBURETOR PARTS - R/C|
|21759||Barrel & Housing||18.00|
|23662||Idle Stop Screw||3.00|
|21763||Low Speed Needle||2.00|
|21764||High Speed Needle||2.00|
|24067||Friction Clip (Pair)||2.50|
|2177||Jet Assy W/Fuel Nipple||14.00|
|21775||Carb Screw & Gasket||2.00|
|CONTROL LINE VENTURI|
|11530||Venturi W/Needle Valve Assy.||10.00|
|11510||Needle Valve Assy||5.00|
|11532||Needle Valve Body, Clip & Nut||3.50|
|11531||Intake Casting Only||6.00|
FOR SERVICE OR INFORMATION
CALL OR WRITE
FOX MANUFACTURING CO.
5305 TOWSON AVENUE
FORT SMITH, ARKANSAS 72901
PHONE (501) 646-1656